[Blindapple] My hesitancy in buying a drive.

A B cmelloni at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:21:18 EST 2021

Do you really need a disk driver or are you open to newer alternatives?
I bought recently FloppyEmu that simulates any drive and even HD for Apple II and Macs + is cheaper $119
https://www.bigmessowires.com/floppy-emu/

Regarding the Unidisk, I suggest to check compatibility with your current Apple IIe model and interface card. The UniDisk 3.5" works well with Apple IIC and Apple IIC Plus, but If I'm not mistaken, you will need a special Interface card (Super Driver Card). Because it's rare it's usually expensive. $375 in ebay
http://wiki.apple2.org/index.php?title=3.5_Drive_Compatibility
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Sealed-New-Apple-II-3-5-Disk-Controller-Super-Drive-Card-A0076LL-A-/124457480073