[Blindapple] creating a directory for the windows ganes

William Farewell wfarewel at twcny.rr.com
Mon Feb 3 16:24:30 EST 2014

ok, Thanks.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jayson Smith
  To: Blind Apple Discussions
  Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 4:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [Blindapple] creating a directory for the windows ganes

  Hi,

  From the command line, type
  md dirname
  where dirname is the name of the folder you want to create. That's just one way to create a new directory.

  One thing I'd like to point out. You keep calling these games the Windows games. While they will run on Windows, please understand that these games and programs have absolutely nothing to do with Windows. In fact, most if not all of them were created years before the first version of the Windows operating system existed. These games and programs run on the Apple II computer and its upgraded counterparts. The Apple II was introduced in the late 1970's, and the final computer in that series to be discontinued, the Apple IIe Platinum, wasn't discontinued until 1993 or 1994. Yes, Apple pulled the more advanced IIgs before the platinum IIe.
  Jayson