[Blindapple] Linux Operating systems

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Nov 18 10:11:42 EST 2004

Hi.  Yes, this is off topic.  There are a couple very good Linux lists
though.  Look at this site.  You will probably need a CD burner or a fast
Internet connection.

http://linux-speakup.org/

You may have to build a custom kernel, but not always.  The above has many
CD images of distros already talking.  Your Litetalk is well supported.

Another list is the blinux list.  I don't have the sub scribe instructions
offhand but I can find them if you write off list.  Speakup is the screen
reader for Linux and has its own list too.  There is also Emacspeak which
requires Emacs and is more difficult to set up in my opinion.