[Blindapple] Linux Operating systems

K4lid at cedarvalleybbs.com K4lid at cedarvalleybbs.com
Thu Nov 18 08:12:38 EST 2004

This is slightly off of the discussion of apple Ii's.  However, Jason
mentioned that the list was running on a linux server.  I would like to
know more about Linux as an operating system.  Is it as simple as ms
dos?  Can  you use your braille translation programs like Duxbury and
tele-communications programs like telix on Linux?  I have heard that
youhave to set up your colonel.  Is there a system one canpurchase where
it is already set up?   What about your screen reader?  Currently, in
dos I am using Asap as a screen reader with a litetalk synthesizer.  If
some one wants to write me privately at my address rather than putting
this on the list I would appreciate it.  Tom.