[Blindapple] Introduction

Joseph Norton joseph.norton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 01:19:12 EST 2020

Hi listers:

My name is Joseph Norton, from Dalton, GA.  I have used the Apple II and the TI 99/4A computers before moving into DOS and later Windows.

I was pleasantly surprised to see MAME emulation able to emulate the APPLE II with speech as well as it does.

I managed to put together a hard-drive .hdv image with the proWords/ProTerm/ProBraille files, though I have no instruction files, as the 2 disk images on this site have no instructions which may have been on a separate disk.

Nice thing, though, is that I updated DAVEX to 1.30 and everything seems to work ok.  Thanks to Jason for fixing the second disk for the ProWords/ProTerm/ProBraille packages.  The second disk included Filer and Convert, which might prove useful for a few things.

It's amazing what is here!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say a big thank you to Jason and whoever else put this together.

Cheers!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10