[Blindapple] Hello

Brandon Cross bcross3286 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 13:17:45 EDT 2017

OK, so the echo words diskette isn't accessible, I can't switch disks
either, what  I did try to do is boot up the ProDOS disk with the latest
textalker on it, so in the emu, I put that in drive one, then I put echo
word edit in drive two, once textalker started up, I cataloged disk two and
ran the startup file on disk 2. It fails to load. I am guessing because
textalker is occupying memory blocks that echo words edit needs in order to
function properly.

Anyway, if I've reached the wrong conclusion, please tell me, as I'd love
to work this out. I do have some sight, so I may be able to use it still. I
for instance, have been able to place words in the editor, and have the
female voice speak them, but I need to save the wordlist, and copy that,
and the way program to my disk, which, hopefully that would work because my
disk is not ProDOS, its dos 3.3.

I'm very much new to this scene, my only previous experience being using
the II GS in elementary school, and that at a very beginner level, not
trying to program it, and copy stuff from disk to disk, etc. Mainly just
playing games and writing in word processors.

I do have the speaker program set up to give you an introductory message,
and you can now type quit to leave it, when doing it that way, it reverts
your echo back to both mode, because if you simply interrupt the program
with a control C, it does not do this, and you're still in output mode, and
you can pr#0 all you want, and its not fixing the issue because echo is
still in output, so you would manually need to enter a control E, B. This
way, if you quit properly, it does that part for you. I need to do the same
thing with phmaker. Then I'll distribute the disk, I didn't think anyone
outside of me would be interested in it, to be honest.