[Blindapple] Can we alter the power and state keys?

John Isige gwynn at tds.net
Tue Jul 4 13:33:16 EDT 2017

I'm running mess on a laptop with a pretty full keyboard, full numpad
and everything, but I don't have a scroll lock key. Well, I'm pretty
sure I don't, right shift is listed as pause, which you get with the fn
key, but if I hit ctrl-fn-right shift, NVDA's input help reports it as
ctrl-break. So it's possible I have scroll lock somewhere, but if so I
haven't found it.

This naturally leads to the question in the subject, of course. Is it
possible to alter the keys used to change power and state, e.g. for
switching floppy disks? If so, how do you do it?