[Blindapple] Any interest in improved Eamon disks?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Feb 6 00:21:33 EST 2014

Huh?  Almost all EAG disks have the save game feature, so I don't know what
you mean.  I made very minimal changes from the EAG releases as I mentioned.
 If you mean the notes in #243 about the undocumented save command, I think
that was one of the corrupted records which got lost.  Tom did quite a bit
of work to make it playable after I discovered it on Asimov.  If I
understand my Eamon history correctly, save has been standard since at least
version 5 of the DDD and probably earlier.  The EAG utilities disk doesn't
have the files to add saved game support because they aren't necessary.  I
don't mean to brag and I certainly don't claim to know everything, but I've
spent the last several months doing almost nothing but studying Eamon and
going through various archives, so I think I have a fairly good knowledge of
the history.  All of this is made much easier by the work Jayson did to get
the MESS developers to add Echo support for which I'm very greatful!