[Blindapple] Kudos

Teresa Cochran vegaspipistrelle at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 19:07:49 EDT 2013

Hi! I haven't seen any messages on this list so far, but thought I'd say hi. I am having loads of fun with this project. I was briefly introduced to the Apple 2e when I was in college in 1984, and then along came IbM, which wasn't accessible, at least at our DSP program, so I literally had a human screen-reader. I got my first computer tutor into a can of worms when I asked if there was a way to Braille out the games list on a disk. I was on a roll, but didn't return to computers until Flipper and DOS in the late 80s.

Anyway,, this project gave me the opportunity to pretend to go back in time and "catch up". I really appreciate the attention to it, and I am looking forward to other disks, if they're forthcoming. I think my favorite game thus far is the Typing Game, though I wouldn't be able to pick a second favorite. The Talking apple tutorial was a lot of fun to go through. I'd completely forgotten about the "open apple" and "solid apple" keys. :)

Take care,
Teresa