[Blindapple] Lots of material from Raised Dot Computing

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sat Nov 9 10:35:26 EST 2013

Hi all,

As some of you old timers may remember, back in 2004, I contacted David
Holladay, requesting permission to distribute BEX 3.0 and Braille Edit
2.45 on my website. He gave me permission, and sent me a CD-ROM
containing lots of material relating to BEX, Braille Edit, other Raised
Dot products, etc. Unfortunately, this version of the CD also contained
other material he didn't want distributed, so I was unable to make it
available.

Recently, I contacted David again, to ask a few questions about
Textalker, BEX, etc. He indicated he had an updated CD-ROM he could send
me, and I requested it. I just received permission to make this version
available for download.

So what's on the CD? Versions 2.1, 2.2, and 3.1 of BEX. Version 3.0
seems to be missing. Lots of versions of Braille Edit. Several other
Raised Dot products. Documentation for all this stuff. Source code for
much of this stuff. A document giving some background on how BEX is
programmed. All the Raised Dot newsletters. And, as they say, much, much
more!

To download this treasure trove, visit
http://www.bluegrasspals.com/blindapple/rdccd.zip

I would like to make clear, as David made clear to me, that all the
Raised Dot material is still copyright by David Holladay, but he's given
me permission to distribute it. The first disk of BEX source code
contains the program to properly copy protect a BEX disk, and the
programming documentation file describes how the copy protection works.

Enjoy!
Jayson