[Blindapple] The Great Escape

Kyle kyle at gmx.ca
Mon Nov 4 10:01:36 EST 2013

I am aware that some of the old games, including The Great Escape, have
been typed into the computer from books and magazines. It is possible,
in that case, that the errors I describe in the original post could
indeed be typos or even publishing mistakes. Incidentally, The Great
Escape came from a book by Delton T. Horn entitled "Golden Flutes and
Great Escapes," which has some other games and programs in it as well. I
do believe I recently saw this book on Asimov in pdf format. I also saw
The Great Escape adapted for a couple of other BASIC dialects, including
GW BASIC and something for one of the old notetaker devices. I
downloaded it some years ago, but can't find it on the internet now. I
had actually adapted it to run using Blassic, which is a rahther old and
I believe no longer maintained BASIC interpreter for Linux/Unix systems,
but I somehow no longer seem to have my adapted version, which I only
changed slightly from the GW BASIC version I may still have somewhere on
my hard drive.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--