[Blindapple] public domain disks

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Nov 1 05:25:57 EDT 2013

See my previous post several days ago about the IIgs and MESS.  Yes, it does
work and yes, it supports the Echo.  However, I've had no luck getting
Textalker gs to work.  It boots fine but makes an odd beep.  I think that's
a ProDOS error, but I'm not sure.  MESS has an odd idea about floppy disks
on the IIgs and so far I haven't figured out how to get it to access and
boot reliably from standard disk images.  I saw a .2mg image on Asimov, but
it didn't really have Textalker on it.  It can be done though.  Good luck in
figuring out how.  I've had good luck with DOS 3.3 disks and some luck with
ProDOS and standard Textalker, but I haven't tried with anything else.

--
Have a good day,
Tony Baechler
tony at baechler.net