[Blindapple] Free plus shipping: Apple 2GS Rom 01 not fully operational

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Sat Mar 6 01:21:20 EST 2010

I have a ROM 01 Apple 2GS computer to give away. It does not work
completely. It is in good condition, except that the internal floppy
controller is messed up. It reads 5.25 and 3.5 disks just fine, but when it
writes, it scrambles the disk. This problem was diagnosed by someone on the
Usenet newsgroup comp.sys.apple2 as a blown IWM chip. However, it has not
been physically looked at, or officially diagnosed, by anyone. If you
attempt to fix this unit, you do so at your own risk.
     The control panel ram battery still works, but it is over nine years
old at the very least, so it could go any time. This would be a good machine
to cannibalize for parts you may need, or if you have your own disk
controller, and do not use the internal one.
     I'm giving the computer away free. If you want it, you would pay
shipping charges from Louisville, KY, 40206. Only US addresses please. If
you want, I will remove the power supply in order to possibly reduce
shipping cost. What you get is the main computer unit, nothing else. Please
Email me off-list if interested.
Thanks.
Jayson