[Blindapple] Echo for Apple II GS?

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Tue Aug 17 22:28:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

Do you know if your Apple has an Echo card installed? If not, you will need
to know this. To find out, turn off the computer, and open it up. If you
need to know how, let me know. The Apple has seven slots where cards may be
installed, plus the memory expansion slot. The memory expansion slot is near
the bottom right of the inside of the machine. The other slots are above
this. Look at any cards that are installed. An Echo card will almost
certainly have at least one earphone type jack on the front edge of the
card. If you find such a card, try plugging in a small speaker, headphones,
etc. into this jack and see if you get speech. If there's no such card in
your system, you will need an Echo card, and a speaker. I have an extra Echo
card, but not a speaker.
Hope this helps!
Jayson