[Blindapple] Announced this list on C.S.A2

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Aug 3 00:53:59 EDT 2005

Hi Jayson.  I will respond with more detail off list.  The simple answer is
yes.  The only cost would be $10 to the registrar.  I prefer gkg.net.  The
domain management services would be free.  I am willing to take over the
list and disk library if that's what is decided but I don't really want to
do that.  I am not running Mailman and I can't provide a web-based list
interface.  I am not concerned about a copyright issue but this could
eventually be a concern.  I am not in a position to deal with that right
now.  Fortunately disk images and this list don't require a lot of
bandwidth, but I don't really have a lot of that to spare right now
either.  Therefore, I think that it would be better for all if Jayson hosts
everything as it is now but with a domain name, but I am willing to do what
the community wants.  If people think I'm just talking out of my hat,
either I will again drop the issue and let it go or I'll start my own
site.  I am not sure.  That isn't my preference, but I don't want to have
the chance of a specific domain for blind Apple II users slip through my
fingers.  They are so cheap now that it makes sense to grab at least one if
not more.