[Blindapple] The gs is talking!

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 24 07:43:32 EST 2004

Hi,
I'll now try to give you instructions for getting slot 1 to "your card" with
no speech.  I think this will work.  If not, let me know and I'll go through
it for real and tell you what to do.
Turn on GS, don't have disks in any boot drives.  Wait for beep indicating
no startup device.
Hit Ctrl-Apple-Escape.
Down arrow.
Return.
Down arrow six times.
Return.
Left or right arrow, shouldn't matter which one.
Return.
Escape.
Return.
Escape.
Return.
Reboot.
If this still doesn't work, try turning off the power for a very short time
so maybe the system won't forget, then turn it back on.  Aparently "Slots"
settings require a cold start to take effect, and that's exactly what you
can't do.  But maybe it'll work.
Jayson.