[Blindapple] Slightly OT - shuffling routine

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 24 04:26:21 EST 2004

Hi,
I'm writing a game in Basic for the PC.  The game will require me to
randomize the order of arrays of strings.  The strings themselves will be
contained in data statements in the program, and will be read into the
arrays.  I just need to shuffle them at the beginning of the game.  What
would be the easiest way to do this?  I want shuffled arrays rather than
just using a random element from the arrays each time as I don't want
repeats.  I plan to reshuffle whenever the last elements of the shuffled
arrays are used.
Jayson.