[Blindapple] Another test

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Nov 18 09:49:46 EST 2004

Hi.  Since you are going to be gone for a few days, I would wait until
after you get back to announce the list move.  I'll try to play with the
web interface again to see if anything strange happens.  So far everything
seems fine though.

You may have set this already, but make sure that only subscribers can
post.  Otherwise you will get spam as people find the list address.  Also,
maybe this is just my thing, but let's make more of a splash with the
announcement this time.  Let's hit all the Apple and IF newsgroups.  Let's
hit other mailing lists as well.  Even if we don't get any subscribers
directly from the newsgroups, people might keep the list in mind and it
might show up on google.  When I entered your name in google before, your
posts to the list on freelists showed up and that list hasn't been around
long.  Here are the groups I would suggest.  My news server is perpetually
bad and I always have posting problems, so maybe you could hit the groups
or use google or something.  I'm not on many blindness related lists but I
can post your announcement in various places.

rec.games.int-fiction
alt.games.eamon
comp.emulators.apple2
comp.sys.apple2
The Audyssey list(s), whatever they are

This might sound crazy, but you could try uploading your announcement to
asimov as well.  Someone might see it in their unsorted directory one of
these days.  Send me a copy of the announcement and I'll see where else I
can put it.

Is there any reason why you don't want your own domain name?  I'll buy the
domain.  It is only $10 per year.  You can use everydns.net.  They support
dynamic ips.  I have 16 domains hosted there with no problems.  I wouldn't
keep mentioning it except the list would look better at blindapple.com,
jaybird-site.com, or something.  I believe that no-ip.com is a fee service
anyway, everydns.net is free.  I won't bother you about this again, but you
should consider it.  I would even set up a subdomain called
jaybird.baechler.net for you using everydns.net.