[Blindapple] An interesting find

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 17 10:35:15 EST 2004

Hi,
On a related subject, I'm surprised more programs didn't take accidental
initialization protection into their own hands.  For most programs you'd
have to modify DOS.  That's even true for BEX, which will happily initialize
itself right into oblivian if you're in Applesoft.  But if you try to
initialize it from the Starting menu, and it has its proper copy protection,
it will refuse to initialize itself, saying "This would damage your bex
disk.".  Of course, 'damage' sort of understates it, it would totally wipe
out your BEX disk!
Jayson.