[Blindapple] Doubletalk LT

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Dec 6 10:00:58 EST 2004

Hi all.  This is from RDC newsletter 101, January-March 1994.  Please see
below about the Echo compatibility.  Am I misreading something here?

Raised Dot Computing is Now Selling the DoubleTalk LT
Raised Dot Computing has been selling DoubleTalk synthesizers made by RC
Systems
for quite some time, first the DoubleTalk for Apple II computers and then
the DoubleTalk-PC,
an internal card for PC-compatible computers. Now we are adding the third
member
of the DoubleTalk family, the DoubleTalk LT, to our product line. Like its
Apple
and PC compatible counterparts, DoubleTalk LT is the most cost effective
portable
speech output device you can buy. Because it relies only on a simple
external connection
to your computer, DoubleTalk LT can go anywhere you go. And it's just as
much at
home with an Apple II or Macintosh as it is with a PC or laptop.
Excellent Breeding
DoubleTalk LT inherited the traits of the other DoubleTalk family members
that have
made them so popular. High quality text-to-speech conversion, PCM/ADPCM
(digitized)
speech, LPC and CVSD speech--it's all there. DoubleTalk LT is compatible
with ASAP,
Flipper, JAWS, Provox, Soft-Vert, Tiny-Talk, Vocal-Eyes, and other screen
access
programs. What's more, DoubleTalk LT is compatible with the Echo IIc and
Echo LC
synthesizers, enabling it to work with programs written specifically for
the Echo.